For five months, Idris has languished in a government detention center for paras—people with paranormal abilities. No more. He’d rather die trying to escape than spend one more day in this hell. Today, he’s getting out, and he’ll set anyone who stands in his way on fire.
It was just another mission for Violet: help her squad free paras from unjust imprisonment and get them safely to Sanctuary. However, when she’s caught between her leader’s orders and the sudden realization that one of the prisoners might be her mate, this phoenix shifter needs to choose between duty and destiny.
On the run from the authorities, Idris only has one thing in mind: revenge. He doesn’t mind that Violet insists on accompanying him, though… after all, he’s been celibate for far too long. But when he realizes why she’s so interested in him, he can’t run away fast enough. Even running into danger on his own is preferable to yielding to love…
The Lick of Fire Collection gathers stories from from twelve bestselling authors. Enter this supernatural world of fire and heat, magic and adventure, and get lost in everything DARK, delicious and FIRE.
Burning Violet, a phoenix shifter and pyromancer romance, is the 10th story in the Lick of Fire Collection and is a complete stand-alone novella. It belongs to the Fiery Blooms series, with Sharing Hazel and Saving Marigold, other stand-alone stories, being released later this year.
Read more stories from the Lick of Fire Collection:
– Hell is a Harem by Kim Faulks
– Turn on the Night by Jacqueline Sweet
– Fire & Fury by K. De Long
– Shadows & Secrets by Jane Hinchey
– Wicked Heat by Mila Young & T.F. Walsh
– Scorched Earth by K. De Long
– Rising Darkness by Elianne Adams
– Phoenix Rising by Bianca D’Arc
– Immortal Bride by Emmi Rue
– Burning Violet by Kallysten
– Betrothed to the Dragon by Kara Lockharte
– Flames & Fervor by Daniella Starre