“The basic techniques of Sashiko and the fabric required are discussed methodically and make it easier for readers of all types; newbies, seamers, and dreamers who want to try their hand at this ancient art form as a hobby, for relaxation, and for gifting purposes.“–5 Stars, Readers’ Favorite
Once you start, you’ll keep on going.
Nothing can compare to the art of sewing.
First developed in Edo-era Japan circa the 1600s, sashiko, or ‘little stabs’, is a form of decorative embroidery that looks as fantastic today as it did four hundred years ago. Merging traditional patterns and modern twists, this ancient artform offers everything one could hope for in a hobby: relaxation, endless fun, and, ultimately, perfect presents. Seamers, dreamers, pros, and newbies: welcome to a world of fun! We know that YOU can sew . . .
Inside, you’ll learn:
- The fascinating history of sashiko
- The “ins and outs” of stellar stitching
- Pattern options: mainstays and the process of creating new ones
- Everything there is to know about your standard sewing gear
- Advanced techniques (made easy)
- Fresh accessories… AND MORE!
Bombarded by the white noise of modernity, it’s growing increasingly important for everyone, young and old, to find creative, quiet outlets.
Drop the devices… pour a warm drink, and discover your hobby today!